Christ is Risen!
Truly, He is Risen!
I wanted to share with you this nice song about the change and impact of our Lord’s Resurrection. It is Arabic but I have translated it for all to benefit.
My Lord Jesus, from the darkness of His tomb,
Rose and His resurrection was powerful,
After the pain of His crucifixion and His tomb,
He brought joy to mankind through His resurrection.
He Rose with Power, and with this He, (2)
Brought joy to mankind through His resurrection. (2)
Every sorrowful soul about His death,
after His resurrection became joyful,
Mariam and the disciples from His voice,
Heard His words and saw him with their eyes.
He Rose with Power, and with this He drew, (2)
A smile on any frowning face. (2)
The darkness of the tomb did not hinder Him,
Or the binding of His clothes,
Or the soldiers guarding Him,
Or the door of the tomb and it’s seal.
He Rose with Power, and over Him, (2)
Never did death have any power. (2)
Even my church after its weeping,
And the black covers it for a week.
Returns again and tells me the story,
After that Jesus rose from the tomb.
He Rose with Power, and He wiped, (2)
From my check every tear. (2)
On November 30, 2010, H.H. Pope Shenouda III, with the gathered Bishops ordained 8 new priests:
- Father Antoine to serve the Church of Virgin Mary & St. Mark in Paris, France.
- Father Youhanna (John) to serve the Church Virgin Mary & St. Mark in Paris, France.
- Father Youssef (Joseph) to serve the Coptic Orthodox Church in Paris, France.
- Father Mina Youssef to serve the Church of Daniel The Prophet & The Three Youth in Mississauga, Canada.
- Father Kyrillos (Cyril) Attia to serve the Church of St. George & St. Abanoub in Mississauga, Canada.
- Father Daniel Hanna, formerly known as Alfred Hanna of Chicago, Illinois to serve St. Maurice and St. Verena Mission Church in Toronto, Canada.
- Father Peter Saad, formerly known as Peter Saad of Montreal, Canada to serve the St. Peter & St. Paul Mission Church in Montreal, Canada.
- Father Michael Todary, formerly known as Michael Todary of Montreal, Canada to serve the Church of St. George & St. Joseph in Montreal, Canada.
May the Lord continue to bless His Church and increase her service. We congratulate His Holiness Pope Shenouda III on the ordinations of these new servants of Christ. We also congratulate the newly ordained fathers the priests, their families, and the congregations of these blessed churches.
This is a beautiful christian song! It has some deep lyrics and re-assures of things we too often forget. Meditating on these words, we will remember all the times God has been there for us, all the times He patiently tries to have us get to know Him, and all the times we are comforted and restored whenever we turn and look to Him. The translation goes something lie this:
There is One who loves you,
He is knocking on (the door of) your heart,
Let Him reign over your life,
And open to Him your heart.
Talk to him and you will find Him listening,
He can feel your weaknesses,
He is the Creator, your Lord,
He holds you in His heart.
He rejoices when you call Him,
If you read His bible,
With all your heart, pray to Him,
And throw your cares on Him.
If you feel alone,
And you’re in real pain,
Your Lord’s voice is calling,
Go and get to know Him.
Our Lord’s promise is sure,
If you have a master,
He will give a new life,
And all sins he will remit.
Why are you lost and drowning;
Why do you flee His love;
Why do you drink of the world,
While you thirst for Him?
Why are you doubting?
Try and give Him a chance,
Come closer the Savior,
Your wounds He will heal.
Explain to Him your circumstances,
Your fears and your failures,
In the darkness He will find you,
And carry you in His hands.
On Sunday, November 21, 2010, the Nashville community was blessed with an ordination of a new priest, Fr. Cherubim Khalil, as H.G. Bishop Youssef performed the “laying of hands”. This blessed event was attended by H.G. Bishop Serapion of Los Angeles, some of the Diocese priests and the Nashville community. Fr. Cherubim will be serving the congregation of St. Mina Coptic Orthodox Church. We pray that the Lord will grant Fr. Cherubim wisdom, love, and peace as he begins his new service.
Southern Diocese Press Release: http://www.suscopts.org/press/2010/nov/21/nashville-tn-priest-ordination/
It seems this issue it very controversial and has attracted international attention. Muslims wish to build a 13 story Mosque and Cultural Center near Ground Zero in tribute to honor the fallen of 9-11. Some people are raising concerns that this is not in tribute or to honor the fallen but as a symbol of Islamic supremacy and victory. I wish to raise the issue that every American should be aware and decide for themselves.
Imam Feisal on the Cultural Center
Of Mosques and Men: Reflections on the Ground Zero Mosque
ACLU and NYCLU Support Religious Freedom and Park51
No mosque at Ground Zero
My personal opinion in one sentence: Of course Muslims have the right to build the Mosque & Cultural Center, but why not be sensitive to the victims of 9-11 and be satisfied with the mosque already built just 686 feet further.
Today, August 7, 2010, H.H. Pope Shenouda III with the gathered bishops ordained 2 new priests for the service of our churches in the USA. They are:
1. Fr. Bishoy, formerly known as Mr. Nazeeh Awad of Howell, NJ, to serve the church in Allentown, PA.
2. Fr. Louca, formerly known as Dr. Rafik of Bellville, NJ, to serve the church of St. Mary & St. Mercurius in Bellville, NJ.May God keep for us the life of our patriarch, bless his church, keep her strong, and bless the service and lives of these new fathers, the shepherds of Christ.
Vodpod videos no longer available.
I would like to announce the launch of a new site which is an online worldwide Coptic Orthodox Directory. It contains listings for Coptic Orthodox Church and Coptic Orthodox Clergy from all over the world. I pray this site will be useful and fruitful.
Please check it out, submit updated/new information, send us feedback, comments, feature requests, etc…
Screen shots below: